1986-2023: Celebrating Scotland's Music for 37 years
See our £6 Stock Clearance CDs.
- Lothian and Borders Police Pipe Band: Scotland the Brave Set - world champions in their time.
- Jean Redpath MBE: Dumbarton’s Drums - one of Jean’s most requested.
- The McCalmans: The Rolling Hills of the Borders - a Matt McGinn classic.
- Robin Laing: Burke and Hare - Edinburgh’s bodysnatchers.
- Heather Heywood: Bonnie Moorhen - one of the best Scottish female singers and a great song.
- Ian Hardie: Old Bean Waltz Set - Ian was a prolific composer.
- Adam McNaughtan: The Glasgow That I Used To Know - quoted by HRH Prince Charles at the opening of the Glasgow Garden Festival of 1988.
- Rod Paterson: The Bleacher Lass o’ Kelvinhaugh - popular Scottish traditional song sung by one of the best singers.
- Eric Bogle: If Wishes Were Fishes - from an amazing songwriter.
- Archie Fisher: Yonder Banks / Shipyard Apprentice - Archie at his best.
- Janet Russell & Christine Kydd: Carls o’ Dysart / The De’ils Awa’ Wi’ The Exciseman - a combining of two wonderful voices.
- Iain MacKintosh: The Farm Auction - hugely popular singer and song.
- Aly Bain MBE & Phil Cunningham MBE: Donald MacLean’s Farewell To Oban Set - by the dynamic duo.
- Ian MacDonald: The Maid of Islay - from Ian’s highly acclaimed first album.
- Catherine-Ann MacPhee: Canan Nan Gaidheal - now the Gaelic anthem!
- Jack Beck: Birnie Boozle - popular song by a fine traditional singer.
- Heritage: Fife and A’ The Lands About It - by the multi-instrumental Fife band.
- Lindsay Porteous & Andy Hunter: Freedom Come All Ye - a contender for the Scottish National Anthem.
- Ceolbeg: The Sleeping Tune - a bonus track in memory of the late, hugely talented piper and composer Gordon Duncan. This is one of his many masterpieces and played here by Ceolbeg, a favourite Greentrax band over many years.
If you have an account with one of these other music sites, login to stream or download more samples or full tracks.
Music and Song of Scotland at Apple Music
Music and Song of Scotland at Spotify
Music and Song of Scotland at Deezer
Top Scottish singers and musicians.
This compilation was first released in 1989 as a showcase for the then-fledgling Greentrax label, and went on to be a Greentrax bestseller. It recently went out of print and is now being re-released on the Celtic Collections budget series where we anticipate it will continue to be a popular purchase by both tourists and folk enthusiasts alike.
It is a sample of the very best of Scottish music and song of the time but has not dated in any way. The tracks were carefully chosen and represent some of the very best singers and musicians from Scotland.
The front cover is a stunning sunset over Linlithgow Palace and loch, where Mary Queen of Scots was born.
Album re-mastered by Peter Haigh, Pier House Studios, Edinburgh.
2021 is the Greentrax Recordings 35th Anniversary and this re-release celebrates the occasion.
The Greentrax Recordings budget label (Celtic Collections) tracks were selected from the rich Greentrax back catalogue, plus some albums specially recorded for the Series. These are quality recordings of top Scottish artists at a bargain price. A great buy for tourists and discerning collectors alike.
search Google for Greentrax compilations